Israel and Italy jump on board with bringing light onto cell phone radiation dangers that may harm our children. Is government testing up to date, with today’s technology?
While the US is making way on awareness on the rise of health effects, and the increase of cell phone radiation exposure. With cell phones being as common as people, reaching a 6.8 billion cell phone count. I do believe awareness on the health effects linked to cell phone use need to be addressed.
In Berkeley the Right to Know ordinance is still in court, pending warning label wording revisions. Any step in bringing awareness to the the health hazards associated with cell phone radiation, is the people fighting back against the hidden dangers in the things we cannot see, like radiation.
Israel and Italy Are Working For a Better Tomorrow
Israel and Italy are running campaigns and making laws protecting children in schools, daycare, and other public places. Making for a huge reduction in exposure to electromagnetic frequencies.
The government implementing these procedures are helping the people gain awareness and protection methods for a safer tomorrow for the next generation of technology users. These strives could change the way that cell phones are being used or at least it might help us make changes to the wireless transmissions we operate on.
The recent reports made in Israel as of 2015 are as follows:
- New Public Education Website: The Israeli government launched the public education website TNUDA (http://www.tnuda.org.il) of the National Information Center for Non-Ionizing Radiation to guide the public and decision-makers on the educated use of technology.
Guidelines for the installation and operation of Wi-Fi networks in schools: Following a petition seeking an outright ban on Wi-Fi in Schools, the government is banning Wi-Fi in kindergartens and restricting hours of use in schools, installing equipment with exposures to be set as low as possible, and monitoring radio frequency (RF) radiation levels.
- Government Testing Finds that Mobile Phones Violate Manufacturers’ Reported SAR: In a study conducted by the Ministry for Environmental Protection and the Holon Institute of Technology, the SAR of 10 models of mobile phones was measured using phantoms. The measured SAR exceeded the SAR declared by the manufacturer, when the phone was held close to the head and in bad reception mode (100% of the maximum power).
- Headsets and safety information required with every new mobile phone: According to a settlement agreement accepted by the Tel Aviv-Yafo District Court in February 2014, cellular operators must inform buyers of new mobile phones about the radiation safety instructions as formulated by the manufacturer, provide a hands-free kit with every new mobile phone, and provide information on the safe use of mobile phones on its website.
- National radio frequency monitoring program: The Ministry of Environmental Protection is operating a national RF monitoring system with stations that continuously measure the entire range of RF and transmit the data to a central computer that analyzes and displays online the results of measurements.
Recent studies done in Israel are the first of its kind and with lsrael’s ground breaking research done. Israel is truly leading in research on health effects of non-ionizing radiation says Linda S. Birnbaum, Director of the US National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences and National Toxicology Program.
Recent reports in Italian Parliament of South Tyrol voted to allow precautionary measures to cell phones in June 10, 2015:
1. To replace existing wireless networks whenever possible with networks that emit less radiation at schools, preschools, hospitals, nursing homes, and other public facilities.
2. Establish a working group whose mandate it is to assess these new technologies and their exposure levels. With regard to wireless communication technologies, mobile Internet access, and public health, the working group shall clarify which technologies emit less radiation and provide sustainable technology options and
3. To start an education and awareness campaign that informs about possible health risks, especially regarding the unborn, infants, children, and adolescents and that develops guidelines for a safer use of cell phones, smartphones, and Wi-Fi.
With plans for implementing procedures in schools and in other public forums, more people will continue doing research on the health effects of EMF/RF radiation. Then truth about the wireless industry will be exposed for the world to see. Allowing for further research and advancements on safer technologies.